See free dating pictures cleveland tn Sex live chat albania free
East and South Cleveland are census-designated places within the city limits.
and the principal city of the Cleveland, Tennessee metropolitan area (consisting of Bradley County and neighboring Polk County), which is included in the Chattanooga-Cleveland-Dalton combined statistical area.
Cleveland is the fourteenth largest city in Tennessee and the fifth-largest industrially with thirteen Fortune 500 manufacturers. Charleston and Blythe Ferry (about 15 miles, or 24 kilometers, northwest of Cleveland) would both figure prominently in the Cherokee Removal in the late 1830s.
Many of the buildings currently standing in the downtown area, including those in the Centenary Avenue Historic District, were constructed between 18.
In 1918, the Church of God, a Christian denomination headquartered in Cleveland, established a Bible school that would eventually become Lee University.
In 1819, the Cherokee Agency— the official liaison between the U. government and the Cherokee Nation— was moved to the Hiwassee area, a few miles north of what is now Cleveland. The legislative act that created Bradley County in 1836 authorized the establishment of a county seat, which was to be named "Cleveland" after Colonel Benjamin Cleveland, a commander at the Battle of Kings Mountain during the American Revolution.